Crazy price for a 75 or what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Now that YOU have hijacked this thread (hey, somebody had to!), my wife was born in Midland, MI, and grew up in Minneapolis. I don't think there is a great desire to move back, but we've talked about starting a computer-based business and moving to Montana, Utah or Idaho. Unfortunately our house in Bakersfield has lost big bucks, so I have a hunch that we're not going anywhere for a while!

Oh, and the car...not exactly Yellow Bird, eh?
No, not quite Yellow Bird! (..there's my "on topic" comment..)

My brother moved out to NorCal shortly after college but, believe it or not, actually moved back to South Bend, IN because of the cost of living (and a business op). Now he and his wife, like us, are dying to move back "out"...wherever "out" is. We've actually talked about buying a house together in Portland to take advantage of this downturn in the market, even if we don't move right away. But to do that I'd have to sell the Porsche for sure.

..so maybe next year.

Anywho...my long winded point is...while I never say never, once we're "out there", we won't ever look back.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:09 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug&Julie
We also like Northern California, but let's face it, California is full of freaks.

But not all is lost, there are a few good people in Cali. What a great area with some great roads to drive. At least its big enough to hold all them whackos...better there than here.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsixnut

What a great area with some great roads to drive.
My yesterday:
9:40 am - Leave Bakersfield for Santa Monica
11:01 am (ten minutes ahead of me) - emergency 911 call for an accident on the 405 South. A Kia lost a wheel, at speed, ended up turned sideways to traffic and got T-boned by an ambulance. Kia driver was killed, 5-cars involved, freeway CLOSED.
11:15 - I'm sitting in traffic, 5 lanes crawling along from somewhere to nowhere.
11:20 - Sigalert issued, all cars on (my) freeway being diverted onto the 101.
11:35 - Make it to the accident site, there is nothing left of the Kia between the hood and the trunk except the floor.
11:45 - 2,000,000 cars successfully diverted to the 101 South (the other 2,000,000 went onto the 101 North). All but a few were changing lanes simultaneously.
11:50 - I managed to exit at Coldwater Canyon, traveled west following others forced to do the same, to Santa Monica Blvd., then right to Santa Monica. Because I left home early I missed a back up more than four times what I got stuck in, and I would have missed my appointment by well over an hour, maybe two. Welcome to L.A.

Moral of the story: Coldwater Canyon is one of those great roads, but not yesterday.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh heh, I was meaning the canyon roads and back country roads....I was not even thinking about the freeway. It gets crazy here with traffic alot as well on the major interstates...but nothing like Cali freeways.

Quick Reply: Crazy price for a 75 or what?