Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

16x7 Fuchs on a narrow body

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Charles Freeborn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks gentlemen. I'll give it all some thought.
As it sits now the car is a stock '74 Targa. Fully re-built front suspension and steering (Bilsteins) with front calipers upgraded to SC (A) calipers, stock T-bar and sway. This winter the rear will get SC trailing arms & sway bars, new bushings throughout and fresh CV's. It already has SC adj spring plates. Yes, I know I'll have to convert the output flanges to 6 bolt.. Height of car is "Euro" give or take.

Current tires are 205/60/15 on the stock Fuchs. They're Goodyear Eagle GT's all season, as here in the northwest it do rain... When I track on these tires they're a bit soft for dry days, and I'd rather save the tread for the street. The master plan is to swap out the 2.7 for a 3.2 in the future, but not alter the basic look of the car (no big flares). On the street I'll continue to use the 15's. I do not drive hard on public roads. I'm hoping I can find a wheel / tire combination that will let me keep the current street set up, but increase grip and handling on the track (DE, not AX).
Thanks!
-C
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

looks like your car got punched a bit along the bottom there. Perahps some PDR could take car of that ?

Quick Reply: 16x7 Fuchs on a narrow body