Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anodize vs. Powder Coating - 1985 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:06 PM
MGray
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anodize vs. Powder Coating - 1985 Carrera

Recently my 1985 Carrera was injured in a minoraccident. I opted for a full exteriorrepaint as about 40% of the car was to be repaired/repainted as part of the insurancerepair. After 15 years of ownership, itis now time to fix all rock chips, dings and update rubber and anodized parts –might as well replace windshield and cracked dash pad too. As I evaluate local anodizingoptions, I have received several inputs telling me that a better option is topowder coat instead of anodize. Is thistrue? My understanding is that powder coatingis more durable, less costly, and that the powder coat satin finish isindistinguishable when compared to satin anodize finish. Additionally, there appears to be more powdercoating options in the East Bay area of northern CA. I want to betterunderstand if powder coating will diminish the value of the vehicle. My car was completely original before theaccident and I plan to maintain it long-term in that same condition, see photograph. I appreciate any feedback that this group canprovide on this topic. FWIW, I was aRennlist member about 10 years ago. Thank you. Mike
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Yes, powder coating is a viable option to anodizing.
This 78SC has had the trim & other bits anodized, as is his "Special" Bar Stool.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Anodize vs. Powder Coating - 1985 Carrera