Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 04:49 AM
snevman
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Electrical Problem

Help!

1986 Carrera 3.2, 150k miles

Left turn signal quit working, right and flashers still work. Thought it was turn signal assembly on column.

Two days later, horn quit working.

Two days later, seat belt signal continues to beep, even when seat belt is buckled. Removed relay and stopped problem.

Two days later headlights quit working. Parking lights still work and brights will flash when pulling turn signal lever, but lights will not work. Bulbs are good.

I have checked all fuses, relays and connections and all appear to be fine.

I think it may be a common ground but I am not sure. I thought I would put this out there and maybe someone had the same problem or knows what it could be while I am pulling out all my hair.

All help is appreciated.

snevman
Old 07-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Matt Chamblin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by snevman:
<strong>Help!

1. Left turn signal quit working, right and flashers still work. Thought it was turn signal assembly on column.

2. Two days later, horn quit working.

3. Two days later headlights quit working. Parking lights still work and brights will flash when pulling turn signal lever, but lights will not work. Bulbs are good.

I have checked all fuses, relays and connections and all appear to be fine.

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">1. I say it's a bad bulb, unless you have tested the bulb that is in there in a different socket, replace it. And clean the contacts in there really good.

2.Did you try the relay?

3.How do you know bulbs are good? Did you test them in another car?

Check all wiring at the electrical panel in the front boot.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:49 AM
snevman
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Thanks for the input. I checked out the bulbs on another car and all are working. I tried two different relays with the same result.

I will check and clean all wiring at the panel and will try to clean all grounds as well. I don't know if they are grounded at a point in the front luggage space or at the ground under the dash, I will have to check both.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem