Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone using the VERTEX Performance Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 06:02 PM
Von Kiser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone using the VERTEX Performance Chip?

If so...do you have good results? What other performance items are you using? Just looking into purchasing a chip in the next couple of months and have searched the site to only find results on the Autothority, Weltmeister and other popular chips.

I really like the agressiveness of Autothority minus the rev limiter being increased...I may ask them not to up the rev limiter if I get that chip...I know they do custom applications.

Any and all help will be appreciated,

--Brian
Old 08-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Vertex chip and have mixed feelings about it. I added a K&N at the same time I added the chip. I did this in Feb., so it's been a while and I'm used to it now. But it seemed to rev more evenly across the band and just run a little smoother in general. Once I got used to it I noticed it gives the most pull between 5-6k rpms, which is not what I was looking for. I wanted more low-end torque. I recently added a cat by-pass pipe and that definitely made a noticeable difference. I've heard you really need all three to get a difference. Their total is supposedly greater than the sum of their parts.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the VERTEX Performance Chip?