Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help wife is spending my Porsche budget on this vacation spot! / Motor smell update

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Okay no offense but if this thread is going to be continually brought back from the dead could we move it to O.T. where others can enjoy it too !
Ice, I totally agree that this thread is 99% OT. However something in this tread has clicked with a lot of Rennlisters. I can think of six couples, four of them Canadians, that have since gone to Saint Lucia in part from the content of this thread. Now I'm sure they did lots of research on there own but this thread has been sited over and over again. I don't know if it's my enthusiasm, the right hand drive, the English speaking people, the white sand beaches, the clear waters, the rain forest, the 80 degree weather, lack of sharks and jelly fish, the music, or the Jerk chicken.

If it wasn't for the PM's I've periodically gotten from guys here on the 911 board I would have never even looked it up again. I think you would be very surprised, but then again maybe not, who just booked a trip.

Anyway, thank you for your interest.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:48 AM
elpresidente
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

St. Lucia is no doubt a beautiful place. As are the thousands of other places us Rennlisters have visited and lived.

So I have to agree, either take the 911 on this trip or move this thread to OT.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by elpresidente
St. Lucia is no doubt a beautiful place. As are the thousands of other places us Rennlisters have visited and lived.

So I have to agree, either take the 911 on this trip or move this thread to OT.
So after a 2 month absence from rennlist you have returned only to tell me to stop with all the goodwill crap and shove this here thread into the OT where it belongs? Well my friend you seem to have mis-judged my power to moderate as well.

I would so hate to work with you guys that have no tolerance for anything outside of the primary subject. I can see it now...Your first grandchild is born and your co-worker asks boy or girl after you have been gone for days to see the child. Your response.....Take that crap outside, as it has no place here. You have just missed a great opportunity to bond and build.

If we are not allowed to have a casual chat about other things now and then it isn't much of a community. Do you honestly think that Draco and I only talked O2 levels when he came over for steak or that Shannon and I only talk track? Sorry, Shannon is my cat's vet not just on rennlist, but off. And Ed, I don't think it's just cars that he and I have in common. Would have never known had we not traveled off the topic. Just sayin'....
Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: inappropriate response. Thanks - Marc
Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys,

Rennlist is a community and while this thread might be somewhat off topic for the forum there is NO reason not to allow some latitude on this, If you don't care for what is in this thread than please do not open it. Clearly there are some that enjoy and participate. I will say it again, Rennlist is a community!
A little tolerance goes a long way.

Thanks,
Mac
Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tighten your alloy lug nuts to 95 ft. pounds. Use a criss-cross pattern, and tighten incrementally, with a torque wrench.

Now the thread can stay right?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I torque to 96lbs just to be sure.

I believe we should be "allowed" to deviate from the techno-911 stuff. I tried to take my track comments and questions to the Track Forum and well, let's just say I didn't feel welcome there.

They had little interest in indulging a new DE driver. And I got tired of looking at avatars of semi-naked women and politcal statements which seem so common on some forums.

I like it here and all my friends are here. I think it's important that we have this meeting place.

I now use steel lug nuts because a shop torqued my aluminum ones to 160lbs when they looked at my 911 and mistook it for a Mack truck. Needless to say, the little aluminum caps were filled with shards of metal shavings where threads once were.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi, my name is Ed Hughes, and I approve of this thread.

(Guess who's going to SL in late October...)
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get your car washed at Dougie Fresh!!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Hi, my name is Ed Hughes, and I approve of this thread.

(Guess who's going to SL in late October...)
Ed, you will have full use of my snorkel and fishing equipment. We actually plan on coming home empty handed so all the stuff I've told you about is available.

The one thing to focus on (outside of the beautiful resort you chose) is the right hand drive and the super high octane fuel. Try not to focus on the lack of speed limit and the absence of guardrails and think of the sickening twisties and the blind off camber turns with drops that leave you loosing lunch. It really is mind bending to think backwards on the road. I was constantly turning on the wipers when I was trying to use the blinkers.

gotta get a kid to scouts.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Remind me not to show my wife this thread-we are at odds on renting a vehicle. I'm pro-rental, she's pro-hire a driver.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Ed, I took the two pictures this one picture was made of from my bedroom window. See the two boats down in the water? That is where your place is. It's on the water in a very private cove nestled between the two Pitons. believe it or not there is a nice road that runs right down the center of the picture that our 4x4 could hardly climb.

Just Google Earth the east side of the island and show her the roads over there. ....or describe the roads as fern lined parkways that connect the French influenced 17th century villages.

Whatever you do don't tell her about the machete swinging, Rastafarian worshiping, rum drinking, Ganges smoking, hitch hiking men that always seem to pop out of nowhere in the middle of the night.
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

check out www.westcoastjeeps.com You can get a rental or a driver all at one place. the owner's name is Ben and his cell phone is 1-758-484-0708. He is a very nice guy. The last time I talked to him he was in Phoenix visiting his brother. Dyton is the guy that drove us from the airport to our house when we got there. He works for Ben and his cell is 1-758-284-5061. If you tend to stay at the resort I'd just hire one of Ben's taxis as needed. If you are adventurous like me I'd so get a Suzuki 4x4. remember the exchange rate is X 2.65 so if it costs $1.00 US it's $2.65 EC.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug

Quick Reply: Help wife is spending my Porsche budget on this vacation spot! / Motor smell update