Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How to proceed from here

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008 | 07:42 AM
P-on
Instructor

Default How to proceed from here

I have an 82SC which has a variety of small issues, among them the need for rear CV joints, front rotors, shocks and torsion bars (one bar looks corroded and flaked and they're the originals). There is also some free play in the steering that my PPI inspection said may be from the steering UJoint being worn. Also some minimal leakage from the master cylinder. I am now at the point where I'm about to start putting some money into this thing, but it's pretty much strictly street and although I do have some drivers ed experience with my 944, I would appreciate a slightly more sporty driving experience without knocking my fillings out. What would you recommend (without breaking the bank) for new front shocks, torsion bars, rear torsion bars...etc. Also, I'd assume I check out the steering rack at this point but don't know what kind of a job this is. I do have the factory front sway bar on it and I did replace the bushings a year or two ago. I do not have a front tower brace or whatever you call that. Thanks.

Quick Reply: How to proceed from here