Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Review, Review and Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review, Review and Review

I spent all day yesterday at the Good Guys hot rod show in Del Mar, Ca. Yes, I know there are no Porsches, I still like cars. When I see some of my favorites; Novas, Camaros, Mustang fastbacks I start to get the idea.......hmmmmmm maybe I will build another car.
Then I review about building a car the way I want it and 40K to 50K later what do I have? a car that is worth half of the money spent.
Then I go back to the point about how a person can buy, lets say a nice '85 911coupe for 19k more or less. Then I think WTF, a car that can go 140+ miles an hour, stop on a dime, corner like its on rails and get good gas mileage. What is better than that?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 928 that has a big block chevy and will fry the tires down the whole quarter mile ?

Only kidding. It is really hard to beat a 911 for being a true all rounder. I too go to the shows. I always buy a present for my baby in the parking lot. Wax, wheel cleaner, some shammies, oe something.

If my wife is with me, then I know she will be hanging around the indian jewelry booth. Then both my babies get a present ...

Gotta love those Good Guys !
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

I bought some RaceDeck for my new house in Escondido at that show....got the "Show Special". Well, the SoCal RaceDeck distributor was there, I was in Dallas, but he gave me the special price anyway.

Quick Reply: Review, Review and Review