Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My new Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Carrera

This is not exactly a Porsche, per se. I renamed jack the donkey Carreara(yeah I know, lame at best). So the car is not bought but I have found 2 cars in Texas, well one in Memphis and one in Austin, that I am pretty serious about. Both black coupes. 1986 and 1989. Prices seem to be about the same as Calif but are slower to sell. Los Angeles is so nice for cars, a couple of hours at most to see a car. Here it is Houston, Oklahome City, Baton Rouge or where ever I am not.

There are so many county roads that are really empty and most are banked correctly. So much road and so little time------
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Hey Jake, where are you located? You named off a couple of places that are not really very far from me. Actually, I will be in New Orleans and Baton Rouge tomorrow. I also have friends up in Memphis. Send me some of the info on the cars that you have found in a PM or EMAIL to me. Might be able to work out getting an eyes and hands on look at some of them. Talk to ya later, Tony.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Will PM you about the Memphis car. My Dad used to go to Hattisburg for Sun Oil when there was still decent oil production there. I went with him a couple of times, nice country and people.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

I forgot to mention about the people I still have in Austin,Tx. I just got back from the road trip to New Orleans, I happened to be in NOLA when Katrina hit that Monday morning about 3:15am, it was bad! But.. who would have thought with all of the flooding from the canals breaking, the part of town where the new Porsche Dealer was high and dry...and 6 blocks away there was 9' of water everywhere. Someone was looking over that Porsche dealer that day. I did not take the 911 for the road trip, I went in the 750iL BMW, it was hard to believe that the V12 still got over 25MPG on the interstate, with ALL of the creature comforts that you can imagine! Gotta love all of those German cars!! PM or Email when you get a chance, if need be. Tony.

Quick Reply: My new Carrera