Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fresh Air Vent (red) cable question (89 911 Cab)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:38 AM
ajmarton
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fresh Air Vent (red) cable question (89 911 Cab)

The red bottom lever on the fresh air vent is stuck dead center. From what I can tell - one position causes hot air to come in from the foot wells and the other extreme position turns the fan on to force hot air to the windshield and out the dash vents. I am wondering where does this cable go? I assume to the front. And what valve does it control. I think I need a new valve as the cable was replaced not too long ago. Can anyone provide the part numbers - I think it is 911.571.049.07 and 911.571.050.07. Am I right? Also, how hard of a job is it to replace the control boxes. Andrew in LA
Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Andrew, I have the book open to page 850 and am reading. Hold on a second more.....

get yourself a helper. Working inside the luggage compartment....remove carpet and the pressboard cover over the blowers, housings, and controls. One of you work the levers and the other note what moves what. When one don't work you musta quit. You may have a cable that has come loose or gotten stuck in its tube or jammed a valve shut. I've been in there and it's all crazy how they did it.

Quick Reply: Fresh Air Vent (red) cable question (89 911 Cab)