Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Clutch Pedal Roll Pin broke-- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Roll Pin broke-- HELP

1983 911Sc. The Clutch pedal is attached to the bearing tube/shaft with a roll pin. It wore out/broke and now the pedal rotates on the shaft. I tried to find the break point of the pin and drive the broken pin out, no go. I can feel the pin protruding from the back.The pedals cluster is attached with 2 nuts on the rear bottom. The front attachment bolts seem to be welded. The pedal does not want to pull off of the shaft/tube. How do I get to the nuts that hold the welded bolts? or is there a way that I am missing?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Jake, it's time to crawl under the car and unbolt the stone guard and cluster bolts from down under. (page 301-8 in the Bently book) it lists 5 things that you have to remove from the cluster prior to removal. It is definatly a roll pin and looks like you can pound it thru and replace.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Douglas---Thanks, we got the pin out with a drift with it still in the cluster. We had packed up the truck to go to Texas and the manuals are buried in the completely packed camper part. I was unsure where the Bentley book was and did not want to unload the whole thing. Anyway,under control now and I appreciate your help. If the drift(and my son) had not done the job, I would have followed your advice and dug out the book, and the page you so thoughtfully included. appreciate it------Kind of a funny story tho. We were literally going out the door when my son walked in when he should have been on his way to cal state long beach. He said "the clutch cable broke". I asked where the car was. He said " I drove it home". I had taken him thru the process of driving without the clutch and he paid attention. The only thing I did not do was start from a stop in 1st using the starter, but did explain it and he listened. It is amazing and thrilling to have a child listen and it pays off. About 90% of this Porsche gig is education for my son. He loves the Pcars and with that attention, I have been able to get him into turning the wrench. Breaking is the important part of the process. Well, fixing the break is the important part, but you gotta break first. again, thanks man
Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder how many guys have this problem brewing and think it is the clutch cable? That 911 at Mc Kenna I looked at had a very sloppy clutch that seemed to just drop for the firsth two inches. this may have been the problem. I'm sure that pin is a $.99 fix. Good luck with the drive to Texas.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Roll Pin broke-- HELP