Race Chassis ID help required?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Carsten
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Chassis ID help required?

Hiya,
ANybody recognise this chassis? I recently aquired this and it is 1971 body that I can track back to 1982 when it arrived in the UK. It apparantly was sold via dealer in Belgium as a 911E to a race team, and I am trying to find more history to this car as apparently this car body raced in Daytona in the 70's. (1976 or 77 we think)
This car in its current state also featured in the Sept 2004 Porsche&911 World magazine and the owner then ran into a wall regarding the history of the car tracing it back to 1982 as mentioned.

A few top peeps at Porsche GB have said that it looks like RUF modificatons, but nothing more and RUF dont have records from that period (or arent willing to comment due to that period of time was rather borderline legit for them).

Anybody seen this chassis before? Just curious as the guy wasnt a big internet whizz so I thought I'd try my luck here and see if any of you older guys MIGHT recognize the work from somewhere.

The car is currently fully buildt and being reprayed and reworked into an IROC style car with a ducktail. Pics to follow when complete next month.

Thanks in advance folks!

Quick Reply: Race Chassis ID help required?