Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

and the beat goes on-- 911 buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and the beat goes on-- 911 buy

So I have been trying to buy another 911 while in So. Cal before going back to Texas. Today was a carfax saver day for 2 cars, one in the SF Bay area and the other in Vegas- I am in the L.A. area. 1982SC in Vegas 61,000 miles. As i was about to ask for the vin # he said that a friend had run a carfax and the real miles might be 150,000. WOW. Lady in the S.F. area with a 1983 that sounded good. Carfax showed the vin # was bad. Somehow the vin# on the title was WPD-- a non-valid Pcar #.She is going to DMV to solve the problem. Glad I did not make the 9 or 10 hour round trip for nothing, and she was very appreciative to get the information from my carfax telling her she had a bogus title. That is about 7 carfax saves in the last 4 months. One wreck not disclosed, one salvage title not disclosed, three clocked(miles set back or changed) cars. And two cars with the wrong vin on the title(yes, 2), one owned by a L.A. policeman. Guess I will have to go to the Maverick PCA club meets in Dallas thru the back door after hiding the Miata out back. I could say it is a modified(or is that mortified) 944.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

jake: When you get down and dirty in the $10K price range, things, well, get a little dirty! Much appreciated that you're keeping us informed about your expanding experience. Just think, somebody is going to buy every one of those "bargain basement" cars that you politely turned away from.

Quick Reply: and the beat goes on-- 911 buy