Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

better values...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:45 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts
Default better values...

What vehicle do you think will hold its value better and possibly appreciate in value, the 930 (later models 87'-89') or the 964 RSA
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion the RSA being a limited production car will hold its value. The
'87-89 years I don't know as of yet what will happen.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, a generalized view---Because the World and the USA are in uncharted waters regarding the health of the economy, and the illness of the financial institutions may not be fully disclosed yet, no one can really predict the future of the Porsche common car market, The only type Porsche that I think has less devaluation is the 1983 and older 911. They are going down in terms of the US dollar, but may be selling to the European market. Being near a major export center like LA or the Bay Area of SF is almost necessary to have access to that buyer. As the US dollar falls against other World currencies, we are in an inflationary situation where our money falls in value and the stuff we buy goes up week by week. It may be that the value of the 911 is underpinned by the foreign buyer with a strong currency. However, they can only buy and export so many cars and as more cars go on the market from distressed owners, prices may tumble like housing. ------- Also, with the price of crude oil at all time highs and continuing to climb, the 911 may fall from favor as a daily driver, this is a growing reality.--------Bleakness expressed, I am looking to buy another 911 at a discount of today’s value with a 5 year investment break even or profit. But, as the market dries up, I will have a car that may not be affordable to buy in a decade. IF I am wrong, the plan is to keep the buy as cheap as possible to keep loss at an acceptable level. Only spend what you can afford to loose, not only today but in 3 years depending upon how grim things get. You can keep abreast at ft.com, with information on the economies.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I was half assed looking for an RSA before I bought the 997 and it seemed that anything good(and that was just about everything)was commanding top dollar. I would bet that 99% of RSA's were bought and currenyly owned by people that take care of them. I don't think you can make that statement about 930's.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

1989 930 / RSA's will be about equal.

I'm not sure in light of the current economic landscape that I would anticipate either car appreciating.

Quick Reply: better values...