Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Front Smileys-were they stock on all SC's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 AM
elpresidente
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Smileys-were they stock on all SC's?

My '78 does not have a front smiley under the bumper. Did it come with one stock? If so, how do they bolt on? I haven't examined the front to look for existing holes yet. I was under there a few weeks ago and I totally forgot to check her out. The weather is not permitting it today either.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Mr. President, I think that we have a misunderstanding! The "smiley" is the rubber piece on top of the front bumper; the trunk lid closes against it. I think what you're asking about is a "chin spoiler," a rubber piece that fits snug against the bottom of the lower valance. The chin spoiler was included, for aero reasons, on cars fitted with a whale tail. Some have also elected to add one to cars not fitted with a rear spoiler, and that's OK. But a stock-bodied car with a whale tail should never be without a chin spoiler.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
elpresidente
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pete. Indeed I was confused. At least now I know my car isn't missing something!

By the way, I agree with your sig! Can't wait for Albert Park! Looks like the F-cars have an early lead in testing.

Quick Reply: Front Smileys-were they stock on all SC's?