Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Braided Stainless Oil Lines and Fittings

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
early85944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braided Stainless Oil Lines and Fittings

Where is a cheap place to order this stuff? I do not need anything metric, just a union to join two lines and an couple of feet of line so I can add an extra oil cooler.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know about "cheap," but when I've plumbed systems I've always used Earl's Supply in Lawndale, CA,
(310) 542-6435.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

I get my lines & AN fittings, etc. from Summit Racing.

Pete, is the Earl's you refer to the same Earl's that Holley acquired? If so, decent stuff. I just keep puncturing thumbs working with the braiding.

Russell doesn't make bad stuff most times, either.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 PM
early85944
Pro

I found a good place fishing on the web called racers parts wholesale. No affiliation and the prices seem reasonable.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Fred: If I have my facts straight, there is an Earl's Supply that is/was a corporation bought by Holley a few years ago. I'm pretty sure that Earl's Supply in Lawndale is an independently owned retail outlet for the products (oil coolers, fittings, lines, etc.) made by the parent manufacturer.

I've also dealt with Russell, and found them to be far more friendly, and have a better inventory of fittings and other items that I've needed in the past.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Bituman
Advanced

I researched many sources for hose and fittings and found Aeroquip to be the best. Using their stuff I made all my own AC, P/S, P/B, etc. hoses for a frame up Ford Bronco project. Have a look at: http://www.aeroquip.com/pages/performance.html. They are a little pricey, but when you consider the cost of custom made stuff, you are actually dollars ahead on a big project. If I had a lot of hoses and fittings to do, I would not even consider anything else.

But your project sounds fairly simple so you can probably make do with something picked up from a local speed shop. Usually they carry Russell or similar. Actually, the local Checkers by my house in Phoenix has a fairly good supply of Russel fittings and hose. I found it hard to deal with Earl's (the company owned by Holley). The only thing I bought from them was header gaskets and locking header bolts because they have no equal in my opinion. Agree with Mr. Zimmerman on dealing with Russell.

Good luck.

Bob
Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
early85944
Pro

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will post some pics when I mount the extra oil cooler

Quick Reply: Braided Stainless Oil Lines and Fittings