Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Odometer Reset

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Bob Springer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Odometer Reset

I am doing a restoration and would like to reset the miles on my odometer to zero when I'm done. Has anybody done this before? What do you have to do to do it legally? Is it more trouble than it's worth?
Old 04-04-2002, 01:41 PM
911 Guy
Track Day

Its not very hard, but there are some legal issues with the registration and sale of the car. But, go to Pelicanparts.com and look at there tech articals. There is one on fixing a broken odometer. Its easy to do, but tedious. You need to carefully pry the face ring. And I suggest going around the edge a few times instead of taking one big dig, otherwise you will bend it. Youll see what I mean.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:27 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know several good reasons for not re-setting the odometer after a restoration. What's a good reason for doing so?
Old 04-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Howard
Racer

I've just read an article on odometer fraud, which is a third degree felony. I believe on vehicles more than 10 years this would not be applicable but if I were you I would check the requirements first. You may have to fill out an odometer disclosure which states the mileage of the vehicle at the time of the roll back and the reason for doing so with the DMV.

Good luck !
Old 04-04-2002, 08:19 PM
andycan
Advanced

try these people <a href="http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm" target="_blank">http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm</a>

Quick Reply: Odometer Reset