Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

WTB modified 84-98 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
rockpicker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB modified 84-98 Carrera

Please excuse the vague description, but after being burned YET AGAIN I've thrown in the towel trying to purchase a longhood and am going to try a modern car instead. I'm not really picky about any particular car, just looking for ones not on my radar and will know the "look" when I see it. Not looking for track cars, just a well done driver ideally with suspension, wheel and some drivetrain mods already performed.

Thanks
Matt
Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

You might find your money better spent on an "un-molested" Carrera that is in need of suspension, tires, brakes, etc. That way you could spend the cash on a setup that suits your desire, not just your wallet.
JMO
+++
Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Where are you located Matt? What mods are you looking for? Coupe, Targa, Cab? Color (interior / exterior) important? What mods are you looking at? Example, my 82k miles black / black over burgundy '84 Cab's chipped, has exhaust mods, complete new suspension in '07 (see sig), brakes, mild audio upgrades, '92 wheels, entire AC system removed...

See where I'm going with this - the mods I did may not appeal to you, etc.

Good luck with the search, letting us know what & where you're looking for will help us help you.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
rockpicker
Advanced

Thank you both for your input and bringing up a couple of good points. I have thought about building one from stock, and so have the capability and space, but for me it makes more sense to take advantage of someone else's finished project and go from there. My style preferences are non sunroof coupe, lowered with PSS9s or factory coilovers, preferably no wing and cage (neither deal breakers though), streetable performance upgrades to drivetrain, etc.

The following link is an example of what I'm looking for

http://www.excellence-mag.com/classi...07.1998CS.html

Doesn't necessarily have to be as new, nor as radical as this ones motor, but something clean and drivable. This price would be a stretch of my budget.

Matt
Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Where are you located?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Excellent example. Keep in mind, the 3.2L Carreras will most likely be torsion bar setups, with very few coil-over conversions. Something like mine has new & larger torsion bars, but if you're stuck on coils, you're looking 964 & newer.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
rockpicker
Advanced

Definately not stuck on coilovers on a factory torsion bar car. I am located in Maine.

Quick Reply: WTB modified 84-98 Carrera