Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Wire identification

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:39 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wire identification

I am slowly peeling back the layers in the front trunk to familiarize myself with my new car and to figure out why certain things aren't working. One of those items is my fog lights which don't work. My Cabriolet started life as a Targa, so it used to have rear glass and thus a rear window defog switch, but there is no fog light switch. The only other item is a cigarette lighter. There is a clifford alarm light between them which may be where there used to be a switch.

The funny thing is that I do have fog light on my car, and I can't figrue out how they go on. I originally thought that they may have been wired to the rear defog switch, but that does not activate them. Then upon further investigation, I found some disconnected wires coming from the passenger side fender, and I am wondering if they might be from the fog lights. They are not hooked up to anything, and the fog light fuse has no wires going to it, so I wonder if these dangling wires got pulled off for some reason.

Also, I am just curious. What is this?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
equality72521
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big circle is the fan for the front A/C condenser.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re: The wiring . . . it's hard to tell what those are. One of those bundles should be for the headlight & turn signals. Another should be for the side lamps. But I can't remember where the fog wires come out. The bentley diagram (but only my 84-89 one) indicates a blue & a brown feed for fogs. Get a continuity tester & start investigating & documenting. With the battery disconnected of course.

BTW I have a massive battery too. Ain't it fun to get it in & out?

Ian
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Looking at your first picture those wires go to the fog light assembly.

Quick Reply: Wire identification