Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

C2 rocker install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 11:44 PM
umberto
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post C2 rocker install

I have updated my 87 911 to a C2 look. Can anyone help me with some pointers on how to add the side rockers ? Do you install them on top of the original 87 rockers or do you remove those completely?

Please help.
Umberto
Old 04-02-2002, 06:20 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Umberto, I would imagine you would have to remove the original rockers...as they stick out quite a bit when compared to the C2 rockers.

Are you using factory C2 rockers or aftermarket??

If factory, there are white clips that you would have to install down the length of the rocker and their mates would screw into your body.

Here's a picture of what they look like...

...there is another part you would have to obtain that screws into your body.

Good luck on your install, go to your local dealer or use a Pet CD to find the right fasteners and you'll be looking forward to a quality install.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:00 PM
john walkers workshop
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's a little more to it than just drilling holes and bolting them on. the white clips stick out from the rocker and go into recesses along the rocker panel and rear quarter. these have to be duplicated. best to check out a C2 at a yard or body shop.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:46 PM
pbs911
Instructor

I am installing Gemballa side rockers on my 78SC. Attachment is similar to the C2 rockers. Better Bodies provided me with info on the company that sells the fasteners to snap the rockers onto the body. These fasteners use the existing holes in the body used to anchor to pre-C2 rockers. The fasteners also look more substantial than the OEM clips. I can't recall the name of the company, but if you give Better Bodies a call they will provide you the info. If I find the name I'll post it later. If you do this, post some picks. This topiccomes up every once in a while.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:23 AM
umberto
Track Day

THANKS GUYS
I installed the rockers with original Porsche clips and then ordered the gaskets. THE GAP IS TOO WIDE !!!!!!!
I'll call better bodies tomorrow and see what they can do. Or else I thought of using some kind of aftermarket gasket or seal that is thick enough for the cap. But I think thats a bit "Mickey Mouse ".

Quick Reply: C2 rocker install