Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Newb w/ Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
fins
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Newb w/ Questions

Hi guys. Been lurking for a while now and thought I'd post up a question or two. A physician at my hospital has a perfect (seems perfect, anyway) 1991 Carrera 2 Coupe. Red w/ camel leather, manual and 41,XXX miles. Car is trucked to Dallas (from Mississippi) to be serviced by his Porcshe mechanic brother. No leaks, strong AC, electricals seem functional. Also said his brother installed a performance chip (?) This doc is meticulous about his vehicles and I'd like the opportunity to own it. In the event he decides to sell, what do you it would go for? Is PPI even necessary?

Thanks in advance....
Old 12-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think that is more of a 964 board question than a 911 board question. '89 is about as new as you will find here. Sounds like a great car, but your best bet is to visit the 964 guys.
get your hand on "The Used 911 Story" by Peter Zimmermann at Amazon.com
I stopped at the dealer today to bick up some 21mm swaybar bushings. In the showroom today is a green GT3 RS normally aspirated (1 of 85) for only $208,000.00 that is 4 times what mine cost new and 10 times what I paid.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fins
Hi guys. Been lurking for a while now and thought I'd post up a question or two. A physician at my hospital has a perfect (seems perfect, anyway) 1991 Carrera 2 Coupe. Red w/ camel leather, manual and 41,XXX miles. Car is trucked to Dallas (from Mississippi) to be serviced by his Porcshe mechanic brother. No leaks, strong AC, electricals seem functional. Also said his brother installed a performance chip (?) This doc is meticulous about his vehicles and I'd like the opportunity to own it. In the event he decides to sell, what do you it would go for? Is PPI even necessary?

Thanks in advance....
The cardinal rule is to ALWAYS have a PPI performed on any prospective purchase not matter what.

Practically speaking, each & every technician finds different things in the course of a PPI and its critical to have a list of things that the car needs.

Quick Reply: Newb w/ Questions