Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

21mm swaybar & 18mm bushings from Automotion.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 21mm swaybar & 18mm bushings from Automotion.com

Finally got up the courage to cut into my car today. I have a broken driver's side swaybar mount and I purchased a set of WEVO's from Steve W. to replace them and have been too scared to actually get under the car and get it done. Today I got out my Makita 4" grinder and discovered it doesn't fit in the space. I moved on to my drill and that didn't do it either. I went to my Dremel and it was a quick zip zip zip and I thought I had it. I had another hour of dentistry to get the old bracket off without scaring the frame. I went to mock up the new bracket and discoverd I had purchased 18mm bushings for a 21mm bar. Performance Products Recipt said I got what I paid for and the web site says it should be an 18mm. How on earth did they get that so wrong? Pelican has it right. Why not Performance? That sort of halted the progress for the day but wasn't the worst of it. As I was putting the other side back togeather, I discovered one ot the bolts was stripped out and so I guess I get to do that side right away too. Oh well. The WEVO's fit perfectly against the frame and now I'm sure I can do it, but didn't expect a chunk of rubber to shut me down. Is a urathane or other high performance bushing available or am I stuck with stock? All my pictures were too big to post.....
Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To make your pictures smaller Doug, simply open the file with paint, then click "file" then "save as" and then rename it to something else and make it a jpeg. The new file should be less than 200KB. Let me know if it works I had the same problem getting my front sway bar in, I had to get stock bushings, but let me tell you, even with just new stock bushings the car turns much tighter and with much better response. Good luck getting the new bar in, I hope the incredible hulk is your alter-ego, otherwise youre better off taking it to an alignment shop to pop it in. Ask me how I know

Quick Reply: 21mm swaybar & 18mm bushings from Automotion.com