Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Looking for cheap AutoX rims...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 03:23 PM
HJV11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for cheap AutoX rims...

I want to start running local autox's in the 911. I need some ideas for cheap race rims. What do you other autoxers use? I could care less what the rims look like since they will only be on the car while racing, are there rims widely available out there that will work? Did I mention cheap? LOL BTW I already race the Vette on a limited budget, hence the need for cheap. LOL
Old 04-30-2003, 04:39 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche Design 90, early 964 5-spoke 16" or phone dials will do the job if you're on a budget (should be able to find a set for under $200)
Old 04-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Chad M 11
Advanced

see the

For Sale: Design 90 Wheels / Rims with Tires thread in the wheels&tires forum.

I am not sure how to copy a link to it but it sounds like there a few people interested in parting with OEM wheels

Goodluck
Old 04-30-2003, 06:59 PM
aquabat911
Instructor

I have been looking for a decent looking set of reasonable set of street wheels for my SC so I can use my fuchs for R-tires. I cant find any. there are plenty of nice wheels made for VWs and Audis in 17 and 18 inch sizes that can be had with tires for around a grand, but none of them are made for P-cars. I think some of these companies are realy missing a market here. look at <a href="http://www.edgeracing.com" target="_blank">www.edgeracing.com</a>
and
<a href="http://www.wheelmax.com" target="_blank">www.wheelmax.com</a>
both have good looking wheels at good prices but not for Porsches. oh well
Old 05-01-2003, 08:58 AM
LongLiveThe3.2
Advanced

Hi Guys,

I have a set of 16" BBS rims I have been thinking about selling, I could let them go pretty cheap. I bought them used two years ago and have never installed them. They are the correct offset to fit 84-89 3.2 Carreras, they might also fit others.

They are perfect for auto cross, in other words they're not in cosmetically pristine condition. They are however, very light and REAL BBS, not aftermarket crap. You might want to get them reconditioned to clean them up. They're the older style one peice design, complete with Porsche crest hubs.

Again, they ain't pretty, but they might server you well for autocross. Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you.
dodonnel@lyra.com

Quick Reply: Looking for cheap AutoX rims...