FS 1974 911 Non-Sunroof Coupe $5500

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Default FS 1974 911 Non-Sunroof Coupe $5500

Placed a member ad but for those who aren't members - (become one)

I am selling my unmolested Ice Green/Green 1974 911 non-sunroof coupe. I used it as a daily driver most of this year. Recently the pop off valve broke, most likely due to age and I haven't driven it for a couple weeks. Anyway, the car has a 1976 911S motor. It has the pop off valve (new one should be here today) and the oil fed tensioner update. It is a 2.7. The mechanicals are all good. The chasis has about 80,000 miles. I don't have the mileage on the motor although I know the second owner and I know it had been replaced prior to 1989 when I first met the car. It probably could use some tinkering like plug change.

My reason for selling is I have two other 911s (race cars) taking up my garage space and I just don't have the time for it (more importantly, the space to keep it out of the weather). I bought it from the second owner who hardly ever drove it (~40,000 miles in 27 years). Due to it sitting around so much, I had to rebuild all four brake calipers, put on new pads and I added stainless steel brake lines at all four corners. As I said, I used it as a driver and it runs good.

There is some rust in the usual places like the rocker panels. I will take photos. I've been waiting for a nice day but it will probably be gray until April or so in southern Ohio.

The bad. The aforementioned rust, the tach does not work (no idea why), the clock does not work, the seats are ripped at the seams due to drying out, the glove box door vinyl is warped. Will need some tires in the not too distant future. Water gets in probably around the windshield when it rains real hard. Small oil leak around the tensioner and I think around the oil pressure sending unit (not sure exactly). Leaves three distinct nickel size drops overnight.

The good. The dash is great with no cracks or tears, the AC works great, Fuchs, transmission is fine with no grinding or other flaws. Clutch seems good, the motor is strong. Mechanically the car is better than cosmetically IMHO. I bought it thinking I would just set it aside and tinker around on it over time. I also thought I'd have my big new garage built by now but that hasn't happened. So rather that leave the car outside and watch it deteriorate, I think the best thing to do is to sell it.

I am looking to get $5500.00 or best offer
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

John, I can't find the add but I love the car already. I spent several months looking for a similar car for a fellow Rennlister who is in Europe. Every car I looked at was in the $30,000 range. The worst looking, rust fields the size of the a small town and A/C, not a one had it. If I was anywhere near Ohio, I'd be on my way over. Side note, My car spent the last 18 years in Upper Arlington, Ohio. Anyway, I'm sure the car will sell quicky. good luck
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sh*t John,
Seriously, if I had a spare $5K I'd snap that up. That's old enough that we could leave it left hand drive!
(In Victoria all LHD vehicles less than 30 years old must be converted to RHD before they can be registered)

Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I say we all pitch in $5 bucks and give it to John D. as a going away present.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any pics???
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you send it to Europe?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 PM