Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa hard top

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 09:55 AM
sszakats
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Targa hard top

Does anyone out there know whether a hardtop targa top is available in the aftermarket? Maybe someone converts soft ones to hard? I know Porsche used to sell hard tops as an option on early targas, but I doubt such a thing would fit my 1984.

Steve
Old 04-30-2003, 02:46 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go over to the Pelican board. There's a thread by "Bell" about his efforts to develop a hard top. He has an 84 Targa, I believe.

Scott
Old 05-01-2003, 01:08 PM
AlanB
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a fiberglass Targa top that I've seen pictures of, but never in person. The contact for the maker is:

sundialent@adelphia.net

Alan
Old 05-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve,
I plan to buy a Targa within the next couple of years, and have researched this. There are fiberglass tops available, you can find them on Ebay, but they aren't very good quality (so I hear) and don't come with all the necessary hardware. There was a post about painting one to match the body, but it was deemed too difficult. There are used tops out there- see Ebay again, and Porsche breakers that might have one. They are, however, horrendously expensive- better have yours re-covered. Good luck, and let me know how you get on...
Cheers,
Paul.

Quick Reply: Targa hard top