stereos w/ ipod and satellite radio in the 911

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:45 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereos w/ ipod and satellite radio in the 911

I'm giving thought to upgrading the current setup in my 911 to incorporate a CD changer, ipod interface, and satellite (Sirius) radio.

I'd love to hear from other that have already done this and what works well and what is crap.

I prefer to utilize the stock speaker locations, but will give thought to adding seperates on the doors and mid/sub behind the seats in the floor/rear footwells.

I'd really appreciate any photos of the final installs and the integration of th ipod, etc. They will help me come up with a few alternatives for my project.
+++
Old 11-10-2007, 11:54 AM
lfe132
Racer

Wink

Dan, I changed out the original sterero and replaced it with an Alpine. I hate it. The Alpine sounds great, fit right in, has the rear ipod adapter which then I snuck the cord into the glovebox so you can put the ipod in the box and control it from the stereo. Why do I hate it? The Alpine has a very shiney clear cover and if there is ANY light you can't read the face. So you don't know what station your on or which disc is in, nothing. So buy something that has no glare to it. I kept with the original size speakers because I didn't want to start cutting holes in things.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:16 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Sorry, no pictures right now. I installed a Sony, CDX-M630, as far as I know, it is capable of doing those functions. It really sounds great, functions flawlessly. I have the typical locations for spearkers, in-door speakers, the rear panel speakers, plus I have a set of 10's in the rear. There is a 1200watt amp under the passenger seat, with the other Nakamachi components in the trunk. I really like the "stealth" type face, when it is off, it just looks like a black radio delete plate, where a radio should be. It does a nice job, and being I have a cab, you can definitely hear it when you wish. I have had it there a couple of years or so with ZERO faults. After all of this, as nice as it is, I have actually have found that I have been keeping the stereo off more and more, and pretty much listen to the engines music!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Come to think of it...
I love the sound of the engine; I love a decent stereo as well.
I'm thinking that money spent on a new exhaust would be better spent than on a stereo that someone might be apt to steal anyway.
I've never heard of anyone stealing the exhaust off a car; the same cannot be said about the radio.
+++
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Hooverwi
Instructor

I put in a Pioneer head unit - 50w x 4 - it also has sattellite capabilities built in so no extra sat receiver. Works nice - built a little wood stand for the rear floor to hold the 6" bazooka sub as well - added just enough bass. Nothing too high end - but serviceable and sounds good for not too much money.

Quick Reply: stereos w/ ipod and satellite radio in the 911