Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Aftermarket alarm caution

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 11:07 AM
robo19
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Aftermarket alarm caution

This may seem old hat to long time 911 owners but to some of us newcomers a word of caution to anyone who has just purchased or is about to purchase. Make sure you know what AFTERMARKET alarms, and for that matter any aftermarket electrical systems are installed. Just spent the better part of 1 week troubleshooting a no-start problem only to find an aftermarket alarm system (buried up in the dash) causing the problem. I have great records of this car and no mention of alarms are included. Lesson learned by me, MAKE sure before you buy,or better yet check it out by visually inspecting the wiring behind or near the ignition switch. If you see splices, check out further. That's where this one was installed.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Tony'z911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been right there with you on a used Ford Probe GT that I owned a few years ago. It is a PITA when you don't know what is installed on your car. The PGT was so screwy that my radio would stay on when I shut the car off and I found out the way to turn it off was to hit the power window button.
-T

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm caution