Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hybrid SAE Racecar Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
tk's944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid SAE Racecar Sponsorship

My name is Tony Kise and I, along with my team, Robert Mays and Casey Ryan, are seniors at Kettering Fairmont High school’s Engineering Tech Prep class. Along with the Fairmont Engineering class, we are enrolled at Sinclair Community College's engineering department.

Currently the team and I are making a Hybrid racecar and are going to compete in the Formula Hybrid International Competition in May of 2009.http://www.formula-hybrid.org/

The idea originated while at an Autocross meet in Dayton, Ohio. After seeing some of the SAE cars run the track, our instructor Dave Lord who has been an engineer for 10 years, working with companies including Honda and General Motors, suggested that for our required Senior Capstone project, we should try and build one. But for the Capstone project, we must find an existing engineering problem, and come up with a better design. Doing some quick research, we discovered the Hybrid SAE competition and found that the hybrid project would be a great design challenge.

Example of what we are building
Name:  DartmouthHybrid2007.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  96.0 KB

The first year we will be designing a bench top electrical system and constructing the frame and suspension.

Example of Frame
Name:  fg11.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  43.0 KB

The second year we will install the wiring harness and place all of the electrical components into the car. Then we will design and install the safety equipment. In May of 2009, when we are freshman in college, we will compete in the competition.

The project is going to be a major undertaking for us, and it will require a lot of knowledge, time, and effort. We hope this project is going to be a big success, and hopefully we can get some people interested in the project as well. If anyone needs to contact us with suggestions, knowledge, or interest in how the project is developing, send me an email at osuone14andoh@aol.com Robert at robert.mays3537@my.sinclair.edu Casey at casey.ryan89@gmail.com or you can send me a private message.

The Team
Robert Mays, Casey Ryan, and Myself Tony Kise
Name:  Picture.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  37.0 KB

Thanks to John D. and Jen for their support on our project!

Last edited by tk's944; 10-13-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:10 PM
cbseven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yea man - good to see you guys doing this. I'm from Dayton also (went to Beavercreek HS) - and am sitting in Iraq now. Keep up the good work and pursue that automotive career. That's what I wish I had done!

Good luck bro..

Quick Reply: Hybrid SAE Racecar Sponsorship