Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cabriolet education needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 AM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the post guys!! i think he is going to purchased a widebody cab and will soon be a rennlist junky like myself. i emailed him the link, i am sure he will get a kick out of them and is sure to make him feel much better about his decision especially after reading Ian's rules. LOL

Last edited by faster; 10-12-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
nyne11
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Nothing Better

As stated above I have always wanted a Cabriolet and a Porsche so the combination was a given......fantastic!
Attached Images   
Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 AM
ajmarton
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 89 Cab with 45k miles on it last November (Kansas City) and drove it back to Los Angeles in 2 days. Ran great. The electric top is not a problem. You just have to be proactive and pay attention to what the car is telling you. (I have good experience with this due to my 67 Dino Spyder.) If you start hearing noises from the rear top motors - it's time for a quick check / cable adjustment that your local upholstery shop / soft top shop can handle. If the top snags when it releases to go down - check the 2 pins for adjustment. Don't let things get out of hand. I also zipper out the window, put a micro towel (large / long one) over it and then put the top down. The back window looks new (prior owner did this as well). In California there is no better car than a Cab and I really enjoy the extra head room (I'm 6'2) and the easy access for groceries in the back seat. The only pain is that sometimes I am in a hurry to leave and it takes time to put the top down and cover it with the boot but it is also a excuse to let the engine warm up while you take care of business.

Quick Reply: Cabriolet education needed