Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Replacement floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 05:33 PM
AZSC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Replacement floorboards

Anyone found an especially good source for replacement floorboards (the OEM wood ones are history)? I know pelican sells Rennline and Performance sells ABS plastic ones. There was a thread a while back for a guy who was machining aluminum ones himself for sale to the public but I can't get a hold of him, I think his name was Achard...

Thanks
Old 02-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Dan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, James Achard is who you are thinking of. I bought a set of floor boards from him and was more than pleased. Price was excellent as was the product. His email is achard@mpi.com or do a search using his user # (2920) to get more info. Look for threads titled floar boards. He still frequents this board I believe.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Jim Florance
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just found a pr of oem porsche floorboards at Pomona Swap meet in December. I was looking at the Rennspeed Aluminum ones and probably would have bought them until I found these. Paid 45.00 for the set. I don't know if this is a good price. I assume it is because they are orig. I wanted the Alum. ones because of the propensity of these to warp and delaminate but I saved better than $200 and I take much better care of the car than prev. owner. Still, the alum. ones certainly look a lot cooler!!!
Tweeks has plastic reproductions for a lot less than the Aluminum ones.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:02 PM
AZSC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys-

I sent James an email at that address but got no response. Yes, I had heard that his product was pretty impressive and at a reasonable cost...
Old 02-17-2003, 04:55 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got a pair of James' aluminum floor boards. They are very nice. Mine are red anodized. The red looks like teh color of those brushed aluminium drinking glasses they sold back in the '50s.

Richard
'87 Carrera-3.6L

Quick Reply: Replacement floorboards