Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Electromotive TEC II Carrera Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 08:49 AM
mdanna
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electromotive TEC II Carrera Conversion Kit

I'm looking to replace the CIS in my 81 SC ROW with no o2 sensor. This is a tired system. I have been looking at the Electromotive TEC II Carrera Conversion Kit from Pelicanparts, but am not sure if it's the complete kit. Clewett has it with the Tec-3 that sounds like the same kit with a tec-3 instead.

What else is required to complete the install?
What kind of advantages do these systems have?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Roamer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mdanna, give us a little more info on what you are looking to accomplish. While there are gains in using modern Engine Management systems, they may not provide much help on a stock motor. You are always better off building the motor up to the limits of the current system then going for a new EMS to tweak more power out and allow even further upgrades.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Tim
Racer

Dude the answer is the same whether you ask here or at the pelican BBS. If you buy the kit from PP or clewett, you will get an ECU , coil packs, and a crank trigger.

If you keep the CIS manifold, you will have to get injectors, fabricate fuel rails. Then install it and have it tuned.

You could get a 3.2 manifold (this usually comes with a fuel rail) and use the included injectors

The beauty of the TEC3, or any of the aftermarket EFI systems is you can program it.

If you have a wide band O2 sensor, and a EGT gauge in your car, you can self tune it. and whip out your laptop and make changes to the fuel and ignition maps anytime you want.

You can also toast your engine if you go to long with the wrong settings..
Old 02-17-2003, 09:53 PM
mdanna
2nd Gear

I'm looking to get a little more HP and easier starting. I've installed the MSD, checked for air leaks, can't seem to find any. Fuel pressure is good, O2 level is at factory spec, tested with gas analyzer. New fuel pump, fuel accumulator and WUR. Still backfires on cold days, if they can be called cold I'm in South Florida.

I was thinking of going with a PMO carb conversion. I have the same problems the boards talk about with carbs, but with my CIS. The only thing I have not replaced is the injectors. I'll be tacking them out this weekend for inspection.

I'm just looking for some enlightening info either way. I did see the Clewett had the individual throttle bodies for just over $5,000. That's a lot of clams for a system that may not do the job.

Quick Reply: Electromotive TEC II Carrera Conversion Kit