Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone have any experience with this.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
bargamon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with this.....

I know the "Sweet tones of the flat six" is enough for most but my targa has a sweet stereo system in it but lacks the bottom end. Not for thumping away into the abyss but the sound in the cabin is too hot for me (too much highs) and I think it needs some tweeks. One is a tighter low end. A tight bottom is always a good thing!

The cd changer is under the passanger seat and I might want to flip it for a small woofer, but I also ran into this kit www.subsolutions.com/ which might be a nice clean solution. I don't want a sub box in the cabin, nor wish to mount woofers in the back deck. Its bad enough I have 6x9's sitting back there (nice but the kappas are too bright.).

Scroll down a bit once you open the attached link and you 'll see there is a "porsche" solution and shows the mounting instructions link.

Its an interesting product. Basically wiring would be fairly simple to do as all I have to do is wire the sub with one wire from the head unit and an amp which can be mounted along side in the trunk.

I was just also curious about the vent application. I am a newbie with the car
and thought I might get some opinions about this intstall.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Looks like an "interesting" solution to the bottom end sound problems of the middle year P911's...

Seems that the sound output would still be rather limited, what with all the ductwork, but better than nothing, I guess...

I went with a Blaupunkt Cd head unit, and upgraded the four speakers to all two way, 130w Hertz/Kenwoods... 5.25 in the original door mounts, 4 x 6's in the rear deck mounts...

With a bit of fabbing, they fit into the original Bluapunkt mounts perfectly, and could use the original grills. A small Blaupunkt Amp mounted nicely under the passenger floor board... I could have gone with a larger Amp under there, but I'm not a power nut... just wanted decent sound... Now I still need to decide where to put a Changer, if I decide to add one...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Neat item.

I'm running a Cab, so no rear 6x9's for me. I went with 6.5" Infinity Kappas all around, and a Clarion SRV303 under the front seat, running off my Nakamichi CD400. I would like a little extra power there, but I also know that if I went with something like what's in my SHO (Infinity 7541 4-channel amp), the bass would be horribly understated.

If you decide to go this route, please let us know how it comes out.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
bargamon
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1986951
Looks like an "interesting" solution to the bottom end sound problems of the middle year P911's...

Seems that the sound output would still be rather limited, what with all the ductwork, but better than nothing, I guess...

I went with a Blaupunkt Cd head unit, and upgraded the four speakers to all two way, 130w Hertz/Kenwoods... 5.25 in the original door mounts, 4 x 6's in the rear deck mounts...

With a bit of fabbing, they fit into the original Bluapunkt mounts perfectly, and could use the original grills. A small Blaupunkt Amp mounted nicely under the passenger floor board... I could have gone with a larger Amp under there, but I'm not a power nut... just wanted decent sound... Now I still need to decide where to put a Changer, if I decide to add one...
The sub in the trunk would handle most of the low end but the venting of the port into the tubes is interesting as it would add some mid range which is what I lack. I have 6x9 slighty elevated so it clears. Looks ok. Personally I would not have put that much speaker in the back. IN the doors I have a 6 inch kappa with a seporate tweeter also on the door. It was a nice install.

Im wondering if the speakers were not properly baffled from behind to not get the low end? If thats all I can live with it.

My real thought is to get an alpine deck with the ipod connecter. I put one in my sons car and it works great. Then just a woofer under the seat. By the time I get that woofer and an amp its gonna about cost the same.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

The previous owner instllaed the kit from Audio Innovations.

http://www.caraudioinnovations.com/porsche.htm

Sounds real good if I'm driving below 50 MPH

Above that I just turn it off and listen to the music out back

John

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with this.....