Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

WIndy Targa Window

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 07:30 PM
0pastor
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy WIndy Targa Window

I just got my car back from the OPC where they removed and replaced my driver's side electric window motor.
Unfortunately now at 80mph I am getting a very annoying (small) wind swooshing noise, that never appeared before 100mph before the operation was performed. At high speed I can feel air with my hand leaking between the top of the window and the roof.

Also, by sticking my angry head right in the middle of the cockpit, I can verify that the noise does not occur on the passenger side until 100.

Anybody have any ideas about what they may have adjusted which may have caused that very small gap, then what I would need to do to get my silent speeding back to its previous mellow level?
Old 08-11-2001, 11:13 PM
s2per
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Targa windows have an adjustable stop that was probably moved when they replaced your motor. With hand tools and a little patience, you should be able to do it yourself. Remove the top rail, map pocket, lock **** and interior handle carefully, then pry off the door panel. Leave the switches intact, as you'll need to run the window up and down. You'll readily see where the stop is and how to adjust it. Compare the height with the other (less windy) side, and be sure to tighten securely. Reassemble and enjoy!

Quick Reply: WIndy Targa Window