Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Virginia Porsche Lovers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Virginia Porsche Lovers?

I am looking for long time VA Porsche guys/gals out there. Why? I am trying to see if I can find a needle in the haystack. I am trying to find the orginal purchaser of my 1983 Ruby Red Cabriolet. Here are some details about the car:

1983 911SC Cabriolet
VIN: WP0EA0910DS171372
Ruby Red Metallic in color with Grey-Beige interior

It was originally purchased on 10/21/83 at HBL, Inc (Porsche Audi dealer) in Vienna, VA. Stayed there until 1985.

In Jan 86, it had service from Porsche Dealer #1415 (Hilltop Porsche Audi I think - might be Checkered Flag now?)in Va. Beach, VA. Looks like it stayed there through July 91 (from service records).

In May 93, it had some service done at Eurotech in Savannah, GA.

Due to legalities, there is really no way for me to find the original owner unless I get lucky and find something hidden in the car with there name on it, or get luckier and find someone who might actually know them. I do not think there were that many Ruby Red cabriolets sold, so I am hoping someone who has been around the VA Porsche scene for awhile might be able to help.

Thanks all!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:01 AM
CrAzYcArGuY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe get a Carfax to locate a station/shop for a smog check etc. You could then contact the shop/station and they "may" give you some information, or at least forward your name and number to a previous owner.

Carfax is showing 10 records for your car in the preview.

Goodluck.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
CSquared2k
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8_ranch
I am looking for long time VA Porsche guys/gals out there. Why? I am trying to see if I can find a needle in the haystack. I am trying to find the orginal purchaser of my 1983 Ruby Red Cabriolet. Here are some details about the car:

1983 911SC Cabriolet
VIN: WP0EA0910DS171372
Ruby Red Metallic in color with Grey-Beige interior

It was originally purchased on 10/21/83 at HBL, Inc (Porsche Audi dealer) in Vienna, VA. Stayed there until 1985.

In Jan 86, it had service from Porsche Dealer #1415 (Hilltop Porsche Audi I think - might be Checkered Flag now?)in Va. Beach, VA. Looks like it stayed there through July 91 (from service records).

In May 93, it had some service done at Eurotech in Savannah, GA.

Due to legalities, there is really no way for me to find the original owner unless I get lucky and find something hidden in the car with there name on it, or get luckier and find someone who might actually know them. I do not think there were that many Ruby Red cabriolets sold, so I am hoping someone who has been around the VA Porsche scene for awhile might be able to help.

Thanks all!

Try these guys they might be able to help.

http://dorkiphus.net/porsche/

Quick Reply: Virginia Porsche Lovers?