Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

hi from dreamer dan

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Katalog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been away for a couple of days.

Dave - like the sound of the Otways and the Great Ocean Road. Do they have days when blokes who drive while wearing cardigans and hats are banned from the GOR? Oops. I see you have a cab - in that Victorian weather maybe you wear a cardigan and, when the sun is out, a hat?

Keith/John - it took me a while to get the idea of ramming it up over 4000rpm before changing (I have been raised on a 356 Normal ). Trouble is, the sensations are addictive and 4000rpm - in anything above 1st - can get you into serious trouble with the law around town. It's not an easy car to doddle down the boulevard.

dear old Jeremy - or not so old Thanks. Glad you liked it. Hope the installation of the new donk is underway and that it goes well.

Wolfe - it came from the factory without a tail. I bought it from the original owner who ordered it to his specs. Got a photo of him giving it a last rub with the chamois before handing it over to me Lovely bloke. They say if you want a nice car you should buy it from a nice person. Lot of truth in that.

Doug - >>If you ask me, you look a little young to be driving. Not to mention, you'll never reach the pedels from the back seat...<< told my wife that one She said that I should send you a pic of our little Lhasa Apso in the rear seat of the 356 with attached driving goggles, and see what you make of that

Yesterday I took the 356 over much the same course I ran with the 3.2 last weekend. Just wanted to make the comparision. Amazing to compare 25 years of advancement in the space of a few days (1960 356B & 1985 Carrera).

Dan
Old 08-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dan, at 3,000 you are just getting started....it's when you are bouncing off the rev limiter at 6,250 that life really gets fun. you are only half way there. let it breath. most of all enjoy it and treat it right. take care.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Great write Dan! You hit the nail dead square.

Michael
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Katalog
Advanced

Thanks Michael. Love that photo of your white machine in the fields.
Dan
Old 08-02-2007, 02:34 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Great story! I've been in love for the past 7 years with my 911! The love story never ends... Last weekend the wife and I did 500 glorious miles over the weekend in the back roads. The smile and the feelings you described were all still there 7 years later. Its a road with no return.
Aircooled 911's: There is no substitute.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katalog
Doug - >>If you ask me, you look a little young to be driving. Not to mention, you'll never reach the pedels from the back seat...<< told my wife that one She said that I should send you a pic of our little Lhasa Apso in the rear seat of the 356 with attached driving goggles, and see what you make of that
I'd love to see that! Sounds like a great pic.

Enjoy that beautiful car!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
kenh
3rd Gear

Hello,

Can you tell me what the color is? It is very nice.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Katalog
Advanced

Doug - I will have to feed the dog a little valium to get her calm enough to wear the goggles and sit still for the pic, so it could take a little while

Ken - glad you like the colour. It's growing on me. In the metal, and in bright daylight, it looks like a metallic burgundy. I'm attaching a photo of the sticker under the front bonnet - somewhere on Rennlist I have read that L999 simply means special order colour. I think the code is in the owner's handbook which is with the car at home - will have a look and let you know, however something like S2S2 sticks in my mind.

Last edited by Katalog; 08-20-2007 at 02:32 AM.

Quick Reply: hi from dreamer dan