Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Parade "Bad" Experience!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
lfe132
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger,
Sorry about the loss of your money, but really glad you're here to express your thoughts. My advice would be to "try" to get your money back, but if you can't, don't stress over it. You've been given a second chance at life, I wouldn't look back and stress - Look forward and smile.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
roger's 2937
Instructor

Talking

Thanks a million for the nice respones.

I certainly haven't been stressing about the situation, just thought a huge organization like that would have contingencies for my type of situation. I also understand about not getting refunds on concert tickets, football tickets, etc. Been there and had that happen, but was able to sell(I wasn't in the hospital). And Black Pearl-your response was very well put and explanatory. Its too bad that Susan doesn't have more help to at least sent an e-mail of explanation.

And douglas bray-your comments are quite touching and having had lived many years in SoCal I give you a big YeeHaw cruising the freeways.

84_carrera-I think "Skydiving" is out of the question for me but I get the message. Just yesterday I did manage to get my sweet little '84 Carrera out for a short drive and boy did that feel and sound good.

And yes Rotten Robby-I fully understand about breathing in and breathing out when I'm on my walks. I'm up to 25 minutes now and gradually getting stronger.

Again, I appreciate the kind words and advices and yes I may try to get to the next Parade-I heard it was in Charlotte next year.

Roger B.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Roger, glad to hear the emergency surgery was a success. If you get a chance, call Vu Nguyen, PCA Executive Director, tomorrow at the national office. (703) 321-2111. He's in Virgina, so it's east coast time I'm sure he'll be able to work with you.

As you're probably aware of, the Parade is run by volunteers. I'm sure that when Parade was over, they took some time off (at least I hope they did). As the past co-chair for the Hershey Parade, I can tell you that the registrar probably got very little sleep during Parade. It was a great Parade and I'm sorry you missed it. Hope you can make it to Charlotte in 2008.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM
87turbolook911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Roger,

Feel free to call me or email at PCA Headquarters. My email is admin@pca.org

I just need to get your registration details.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Regards,
Vu
Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,329 Likes on 492 Posts

Thanks for stepping up.....VU!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fty
Thanks for stepping up.....VU!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
roger's 2937
Instructor

Talking

Again, I want to thank everybody for all the concerns and nice comments. I'm slowly getting my strength back and am able to walk continuously for 40 minutes and don't even breath heavily, so everything is slowly getting back to normal. I have about another month of restrictions left then they should be lifted and I can hopefully get things back to normal.

I have been in touch with Vu(87turbolook911) and he must have coordinated with Rob Biddle who is the PCA National Parade Finance Manager as I just received a refund check from him for the Parade registration fees. That certainly renews my confidence and faith in large clubs/organizations and I certainly appreciate their time and efforts in this situation.

As a result, I'm going to take every effort to attend the next Parade in Charlotte next year if my sweet little '84 Carrera is up to it. She's got 165,000 miles on her now but still going strong so should be no problem.

Again, thanks to all and God Bless!!

Roger Blakeman
PCA0480
Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM
BlackPearl
Racer

Roger:

Happy to hear your recovery is going well. I'm also happy to hear you had the faith in PCA not to give up on the club.

Bon Chance!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
onlycafe
Advanced

congratulations on your recoveries, both health and financial. continued good wishes for your ticker.
david
Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,329 Likes on 492 Posts

Happy to hear your dong well and that the PCA stepped up and did the right thing.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:17 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roger's 2937
Again, I want to thank everybody for all the concerns and nice comments. I'm slowly getting my strength back and am able to walk continuously for 40 minutes and don't even breath heavily, so everything is slowly getting back to normal. I have about another month of restrictions left then they should be lifted and I can hopefully get things back to normal.

I have been in touch with Vu(87turbolook911) and he must have coordinated with Rob Biddle who is the PCA National Parade Finance Manager as I just received a refund check from him for the Parade registration fees. That certainly renews my confidence and faith in large clubs/organizations and I certainly appreciate their time and efforts in this situation.

As a result, I'm going to take every effort to attend the next Parade in Charlotte next year if my sweet little '84 Carrera is up to it. She's got 165,000 miles on her now but still going strong so should be no problem.

Again, thanks to all and God Bless!!

Roger Blakeman
PCA0480
Glad you are feeling better.

Vu is a GREAT guy. No question that he would ensure all ended well.

In light of the recent developments, I think it would be a great idea to edit the title of this thread!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:35 PM
roger's 2937
Instructor

Talking

TD in DC-excellent suggestion!!

I've tried to edit the title to "GOOD" experience but for some reason I'm not allowed to edit my post title. I've asked the help section for help and no response.

Anyway, consider this as a title revision to a "GOOD" Parade experience thanks you guys, Vu and Rob Biddle.

Roger B.

Quick Reply: Porsche Parade "Bad" Experience!!