Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuel Safe Cell 1987 911

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
red911
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Safe Cell 1987 911

I'm looking for some help regarding a fuel cell. I have a 27 gallon Fuel Safe cell. My car occassional has what feels like a low fuel starvation problem when I am in full throttle at 5000 - 6000 rpm. This usually occurs on the straight. At first I thought the fuel filter was getting clogged. I would replace the filter and everything was fine for a few days. But lately, I have been having to replace the filter after 6 -8 track days. Replacing the filter always seems to solve the problem. This past weekend I had the same problem but I decided to cut the fuel filter open to see what was getting into the filter causing the problem. As it turns out, the filter that I replaced at the track has no apparent debris or obstructions. I have heard that the foam inside the fuel cell can break down and cause problems. Has anyone had any experience with this problem. The fuel cell was already in the car when I bought it so I don't know how old it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, red911
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

The foam degredation issue has been a well known problem. There is a long thread in Pelican Parts. The web site seams to be having problems right now so I can't provide you a link. It's in the autocros/racers forum.

Quick Reply: Fuel Safe Cell 1987 911