Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sports Seats; Factory or???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Seats; Factory or???

I am thinking of buying this old girl (1975 911S Targa) for a next winter project.

One thing has me confused... I have never seen a set of factory seats like the ones currently in the car... a combo of fuzzy cloth and vinyl. From the look of them, the could be some form of a Sport Seat, but if so, they are new to me!

From this poor photo, can anyone tell me if in fact they are Factory Sport Seats, and if so, have they been badly recovered, or is that some funky '70's thing that Porsche did back then???
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:04 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the shape looks right but methinks they've been recovered
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to tell from that picture. Do you have more you can post?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Gentlemen, I invested the time to go and view this "Treasure" in person...
One must kiss a thousand Frogs before locating one's Princess!
Car was represented to be a 63,000 mile "Original Paint" example in "Good Condition for the year"

In matter of fact, it was the worst looking '75 Targa I had ever laid eyes upon! If there was one ounce of "Original" paint on that car, it was probably buried at the bottom of the smuggler's box! The entire car had been resprayed by someone with less than skills, resulting in the front fenders appearing to have "ridges" in them from the rippled paint. Even the door jambes had been badly painted! My impression is that the entire front clip had been redone, and painted accordingly, and even the poor stainless steel Targa Bar had been painted!!!
Then, the interior...oh, the Humanity!!! Yes, I believe that the seats were originally factory Sport Seats, but had been recovered at some point in their life in a fabric very close to that used in the 1978 Trans Am... sort of a fuzzy veloure...but the backs appeared as tho they might be original Porsche vinyl... however, and hear is where the 63K went south, the seller reped the seats as original to the car, but the Passenger seat had a hole worn completely thru the bottom cushion from someone sitting in it... Do you have any idea how many miles it would take to wear a hole thru the Passenger seat cushion??? Now, they could have been switched, but even so...I would guess closer to 263K miles on the poor old girl!
Of course, I asked if the car could be driven on a trailer, and was assured it could be driven anywhere! I'm sure, with a large truck pushing it!!!

Now for the really humorous part... it has already been bid to nearly $5K!!!!!! I guess junk is really not that hard to sell these days!

Quick Reply: Sports Seats; Factory or???