Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Synthetic blend oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:19 AM
Groovilator
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Synthetic blend oil

Does anyone use a synthetic blended oil? I use a 15-40 blend in all my vehicles. Never had any oil related problems.I have opened up high mileage engines,no sludge build up,always nice and clean.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
pwd72s
Pro

My only problem with synthetic "blend" is that you don't know the percentage of synthetic. Since synthetics (Mobil 1 anyway) mix with conventional oils, why not just use a quart of Mobil 1 in every change of conventional oil? At least then you'd know the percentage, and I doubt that the "blends" are more than 20% synthetic.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Roamer
Instructor

Donnie, I have had very good luck with Blends and find that they tend to work well on higher mileage motors that may not have been "brought up" on full synthetics. However, in very high rpm and temp conditions they do not stack up to full synthetics. If it is a garage queen which gets an occasional run throught the hills, a blend should be fine. However, if you track or autocross the car at all (or have a propensity for wringing her out every chance you get - like I do) you probably want to stick with Mobil 1. It does not cost that much more especially given the limited milage most our babies see.

Quick Reply: Synthetic blend oil