Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I had a nice long conversation with Harvey Weidman at the Parade concours.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had a nice long conversation with Harvey Weidman at the Parade concours.

I thought it was funny... He walked up to me and asked if the owner of the car next to mine (the 1968 911L) was around. He pointed to the wheels and said, "That looks like my work." Sure enough, I had asked the owners earlier who had done their wheels, and the answer was Weidman. So, I confirmed it for him. So we talked at length about originality issues, since my car has some. He's really a wealth of information beyond wheels. He's seen a lot of 911s (a lot of different 911s) and done a lot of wheels, and just knows a bunch about them. He offered advice on my wheels and on my window frames which appear to have had the original black sanded off to give them a matte silver finish.

Very nice guy. His wheel work is impeccable. The 911L garnered 2nd in class.

Brett
Old 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harvey actually worked for Porsche in the '70s. He was a parts manager in Riverside at Sierra Porsche. Funny thing about Harvey's work is that he gets people calling saying they need their wheels to be "perfect, just like they came from the factory"... I have seen "perfect" Fuch wheels at Harvey's shop in Oroville. They aren't anywhere near "perfect". When he does your wheels they are much better than "perfect" factory.
I had a conversation with him when I first met him about 914 Fuchs... I told him that in reading the literature I found it odd that my appearance group 914 didn't have the 2.0 liter Fuchs. He said that the dealerships took them off, and sold the cars with "optional" alloys in order to upcharge the customer and increase the dealer profit margin. Sierra Porsche had stacks of 2.0 liter Fuchs in the back!
His shop is pretty small. He keeps his quality up by keeping his staff down I suppose. Real perfection takes time...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
carreraken
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had Harvey do my Fuchs several years ago, have nothing but good things to say about his work. Visited his shop and saw some pretty expensive wheels waiting for refinish. Nice guy too. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: I had a nice long conversation with Harvey Weidman at the Parade concours.