Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help! Which A/C port is suction on Sanden 709?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:38 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Help! Which A/C port is suction on Sanden 709?

Help! Both R12 ports have the same threading on my Sanden 709 and I'm afraid I've attached a can to the high pressure side!

The port marked "S" seems like it should be the suction side, but the can became frosted over and the hose next to it seems to go to the front of the car.

The online manual is very unclear and indicates that some compressors can rotate either direction, which could mean the S and D ports would be reversed, right?

Can anybody out there confirm which port is suction on this thing? I'm afraid to touch the can since I've heard they can blow up if attached to the wrong side.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:50 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always look for the larger hose of the two. The smaller diameter one is usually the high pressure side and the larger one the suction or discharge side.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spider911
I always look for the larger hose of the two. The smaller diameter one is usually the high pressure side and the larger one the suction or discharge side.
+1
Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
2.7RACER
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the can of refrigerant became frosted when connected to the compressor fitting, this would indicate the refrigerant was being sucked into the system.
The high (discharge) side of the compressor is always hot when running whereas the low (suction) side is cool or cold.

Quick Reply: Help! Which A/C port is suction on Sanden 709?