Idle speed adjust knob

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:38 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Idle speed adjust ****

I recently had posted a question about whether at high temps CIS raised idle. The answer of course was no. What I found yesterday was that my idle speed adjustment **** had loosened up; it was an easy "fix" to tighten it to bring down the idle.

My question is around how easy or loose the **** should be. I was able to easily turn the **** with just my fingers, it felt like there wasn't enough resistance to hold its position for long, under heat, vibration, etc. Do I need to use some Loctite? New spring maybe (don't recall if there was a spring to resist the ****)? TIA.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
74er
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest a new spring. The screw is usually in pretty far which will compress the spring further. If you turn the screw in, it will get tighter by the springs resistance. It seems that as it has apparently loosened up, that would be the cause. First, you might want to mark the location with a white marker and travel for a couple weeks to see if it has rotated any. If it doesn't, it might be an indication that something else needs to be looked at.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd agree, and add to your specific question, mine can be turned by hand too. I wouldn't say falling into my fingers loose. But, easy enough to turn that I don't need a screw driver.

Quick Reply: Idle speed adjust knob