Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911SC Cam Chain Tensioners

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911SC Cam Chain Tensioners

Okay, I bit the bullet, opened the wallet, and shelled out the big bucks for new Carrera Oil Fed Chain Tensioners ... All I get to see are a couple of little silver oil lines running around the back of my cam covers!

And to add insult to injury, my PM says "Everything looked like Brand New in there! I didn't even change the Chain Rails, as the originals didn't show any wear!"

At least he gave me all of the original parts back...

Which begs the question... The Bird Folks want $614.00 for a set of SC Chain Tensioners, including the Safety Locks (which mine have), and another $45 or so for the six Chain Ramps (which I have, brand new!).

Do any of you SC folks need a set of "As new" Chain Tensioners, Safety Locks, and Chain Ramps??? I'm thinking $300.00 for the kit and kaboodle sounds like a pretty good deal, and I will even throw in the original Cam Covers, also like new... not sure why you would need those, but...

Oh, P/N is 930.105 501.0R, if that makes any diff... and no, I cannot compress (or even begin to compress) the Tensioners with my hands

PM me if any interest...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad it went well.

Let me know if nobody needs the original Cam Covers. I will need to drill an oil return line if I ever install my turbo kit.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 PM
dsmith
Racer

i'm confused, did you already have the externally fed hydraulic tensioners on your car? from what you wrote, it almost sounds like you have the old style tensioners with new style covers and lines, or why would you sell the old covers? duh, what did i miss? is the kit complete with lines and covers?
david
Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Instructor

I installed the complete Carrera Oil Fed Chain Tensioner Kit, which comes from Porsche with NEW Covers and Lines...

I am offering the ORIGINAL (Not Oil Fed) Tensioners, WITH Safety Locks, and ORIGINAL Covers...

AND the 6 brand new Chain Ramps, which we did not need to use...

Hope that clears things up!
Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
dsmith
Racer

ah, thanks. it reads a lot clearer now. guess i was reading that the carrera tenstioners were $614 (cuz they're close to that) and couldn't figure out the relation to used stock parts! in my defense, i had just come back from Walmart, were i probably lost some brain cells.

Quick Reply: 911SC Cam Chain Tensioners