Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How nutty are you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 484 Posts
Default How nutty are you?

Was off this past weekend, and stayed home sick today and tom. I will stay home sick....have had a fever in and out for a few days and am fighting off the flu....but am spending my time in the garage with a fever tearing stuff apart and getting dirty...so far Ive also ordered $600 bucks worth or P-car goodies, momo steering wheel, 5pt harnesses and a nice sparco harness bar, my wife is gonna kill me but im gonna blame it on the fever. Ive ripped the alternator out, cleaned up the connections and painted the fan and outer casing black, and am currently covered in grease coughing and blowing my nose....anybody else this nuts or am i the only one....I feel so out of it but cant sit and bed and watch boring TV...With my limited wrench time "I" think I am spending my time wisely.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:21 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTDT, this past weekend. Have had Fridays off for a couple of months using up vacay time before week of 7/1/07's bank renewal. Spent a few hours Friday installing a chin spoiler, sorting some stuff in the garage, etc.

I have a small garage, and I'm in the middle of the transition from all Taurus SHO parts to P-Car parts... I have about a dozen 16x18x24 approx. totes filled with obsolete SHO parts, and a couple of racks' worth of P-car stuff I inherited, bought, removed (like the AC compressor & bracketry), etc. Gotta get organized, I keep stumbling across stuff I picked up along the way over the years, and some of it I'll 'never' use again (carb pieces from an old Edelbrock 750cfm, a bucket of 30 camshafts or so from the V6 SHO, blah blah).

I felt just as good / miserable in the garage as I did laying in bed anyway.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
dsmith
Racer

last week i had a bad sinus infection, cough, dizzy, etc. so, i tore apart the interior of my SAAB, replaced the ignition cylinder and switch, redid the harness wiring that all melted together from a stuck starter (ignition to starter wire isn't fused), and replaced the starter. i also checked the fuel pressures on my 911sc and started to modify my WUR and adjust my FD to get the pressures correct. also installed an interesting shifter device a shop owner gave me.

i got my SCCA license renewal on saturday and almost convinced myself to race sunday morning (heavily medicated), but decided probably not a great idea...gotta draw the line sometimes

get well!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
IslandmanPA
Instructor

I put a stereo with multiple speaker and mounted a TV with cable in the garage! Also have a nice well stocked fridge down there too! Only come up to use the bathroom!! Tell me I ain't got it bad!! Wife claims it's my cave! Guess she's right!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the bug on Friday and Saturday. Didn't want to give my dad the flu on father's Day, so I drove two hours to look at a car that was for sale. Decided that the one I have is way nicer, so now I am fixing ''cavities'' on my Fiat Abarth . Just called it quits for the night.

Quick Reply: How nutty are you?