Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

NoVA Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
ilovegt100
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NoVA Emissions

I am trying to register a 87 911 cab in Northern VA that has passed safety but has failed local emissions with SSI/GHL. Does anybody have any suggestions other than leaning out mixture, 44k, or hope and prayer? I've read threads earlier where someone built a bolt on SSI/cat/muffler combo for this purpose, used voodoo, or used a porsche experienced inspector. If not, I will leave the car registered out of state but this is a hassle. Does anybody know if it is possible to get the car inspected out of the future garaging area in a different area of the state where they do not do sniffers- and if so where is that? Thanks in advance to all contributors
Old 06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
rentadate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm... Coming from Boulder Colorado, where the "environment" is important (yea right, every *** hole drives an SUV and never goes off road) The car should pass emissions. What did they say that was wrong with the exhaust that it didn't pass emissions? Try a few things. Worked on my old BMW 735i that didn't pass emissions. Try that k44 crap. No idea if it worked or not. I also replaced my o2 sensor. Somehow it passed emissions 2 weeks later (when they would let me come back). If that fails I have no idea.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got thru NoVa emissions a few years ago with an '85 Euro Carrera. It failed once, and I did four things: replaced the cat, replaced the o2 sensor, changed the oil, and had a good tune up. I also was told to make the sure the car was warmed up before the test so I drove around for an hour.

Passed with flying colors the second time, no problems.

Steve
84 Carrera Targa

PS: my back up plan was to register the car in another county in VA, where they don't do inspection, and where I owned another home.

Quick Reply: NoVA Emissions