Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does this seem like a good deal.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:13 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Does this seem like a good deal.

From the little that you can tell from the pics, does this seem like a good price? I recently sold my 964 and I'm always thinking about what car to get next. I've really been looking at the older 911's. They're starting to grow on me. I know very little about the market though. The prices seem to be all over the place. A friend of mine just sold his 67 soft window targa for $42K. He paid $14K for it 4 years ago. I remember seeing this one last summer.

Last edited by GG Allin; 05-23-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id hit it at 10 k just for the looks
Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 PM
brakinglate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was their Id grab it....too far away unfortunately.

and seems cheap.......
Old 06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
rgrimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SWB cars are a blast--incredibly light and tossable--and I confess to being partial to '68s.

The soft-window Targas, if in nice shape, do seem to command a significant premium. But the price for this one seems fair. It's hard to read the window flier, but I did notice that it's running a 2.2 (original, but non-running motor available) as well as the bumper. The car would be worth more as numbers-matching, so it could make a nice driver while someone put the original engine back together. Even if you didn't want to rebuild and install the original motor, I wouldn't let the 2.0 get away.

Of course, that was "last summer" so this is all hypothetical...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rgrimm
The SWB cars are a blast--incredibly light and tossable--and I confess to being partial to '68s.

The soft-window Targas, if in nice shape, do seem to command a significant premium. But the price for this one seems fair. It's hard to read the window flier, but I did notice that it's running a 2.2 (original, but non-running motor available) as well as the bumper. The car would be worth more as numbers-matching, so it could make a nice driver while someone put the original engine back together. Even if you didn't want to rebuild and install the original motor, I wouldn't let the 2.0 get away.

Of course, that was "last summer" so this is all hypothetical...
I'd be willing to bet that this car is no longer available. But I'm trying to get an idea of how much buys what. I remember this car being very clean. What ever I wind up buying will end up being made into a stripped out track car, so originality is not that important to me. A good solid rust free tub is.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:49 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrouder
I'd be willing to bet that this car is no longer available. But I'm trying to get an idea of how much buys what. I remember this car being very clean. What ever I wind up buying will end up being made into a stripped out track car, so originality is not that important to me. A good solid rust free tub is.
If your goal is a stripped out track car, you may want to consider starting with a 912 tub. These are cheaper, often come with good gear ratios for racing, and can be easily updated to 911 power.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
and can be easily updated to 911 power.
Is it more common to do this with the four cylinder or swap in a six?

Quick Reply: Does this seem like a good deal.