Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Did you see the horrific accident in the Canadian Grand Prix (F1) on Sunday..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Lancaster911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Naitove]I was thinking Senna all over again. ]QUOTE]

I got sad after reading this.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hopefully, if RK does drive at Indy, he'll start far enough toward the fast end of the field that he'll stay out of trouble. BMW is starting to look pretty racy, more than I had hoped for this season, so let's hope for the best for him. I've watched the accident a few times, and I just can't tell if Trulli moved over on him, or if he went where he had no business going.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I saw (and heard from Trulli's interviews), I get the impression Robert was on one side(ish) of him and swung accross to the other side (why? ..perhaps to try to set himself up for the haripin turn?) but was too close and clipped Trulli in the process...thus sending him off on his wild ride.

But that's just my "analysis"...I have no proof.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Seric
Pro

You should of heard the gasps in my house when that happened. WOW. Amazing that he walked away from that.

Kubica is an incredible driver and it would of been sad to see him out of racing so early in his career.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Naitove
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seric
You should of heard the gasps in my house when that happened. WOW. Amazing that he walked away from that.

Kubica is an incredible driver and it would of been sad to see him out of racing so early in his career.
He and Hamilton are contemporaries. I have no doubt that he would be doing quite well at McLaren also. Remember how he impressed everyone in his first few races last year? Lit a fire under Heidfeld's butt.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

You're right, there have been times when Quick-Nick hasn't looked so quick. Of course, having a quick teammate can light a fire, but I have a hunch that his recent performance also has something to do with having a really good car under him. He's a pro, and I'll bet that he can feel the difference in car performance, maybe even race to race. There have been quick drivers who could adjust to a car that was working at 95%, maybe Nick needs a car at 98% to be at his best. Whatever the case, he's racking up the points at a pretty fair clip. What a great season so far...
Old 06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Seric
Pro

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
You're right, there have been times when Quick-Nick hasn't looked so quick. Of course, having a quick teammate can light a fire, but I have a hunch that his recent performance also has something to do with having a really good car under him. He's a pro, and I'll bet that he can feel the difference in car performance, maybe even race to race. There have been quick drivers who could adjust to a car that was working at 95%, maybe Nick needs a car at 98% to be at his best. Whatever the case, he's racking up the points at a pretty fair clip. What a great season so far...

Yea I was hoping something would get his goat, he's one of my fav drivers. It's nice to see BMW duking it out with the Brits and Italians
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Speaking of Italians, what's up with their Finn? I'm sure not seeing any world-beating performances and consistency from that team, and Kimi's $55m salary doesn't look quite as good a deal as his $8m teammate. Now that I've said that, Kimi will probably win the next five races in a row! On to Indy!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Naitove
Instructor

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Speaking of Italians, what's up with their Finn? I'm sure not seeing any world-beating performances and consistency from that team, and Kimi's $55m salary doesn't look quite as good a deal as his $8m teammate. Now that I've said that, Kimi will probably win the next five races in a row! On to Indy!!!
..And he'll have you to thank!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

If we don't see Ferrari turn it around after they get back to Europe the decline-predicters (due to Spoonface's and Brawn's departures) will be vindicated. I for one, as long as the Toad and Monteschnozolo are in charge, enjoy seeing the slightly-less-Marlboro-orange cars slipping down the slope.

I will be interested to see how Vettel goes this weekend, I believe he'll be in the points. I think it was the right decision to sit Robert. Another crash/concussion would be very bad for him, possibly permanent brain damage.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Naitove
Instructor

Vettel did quite well in the practice session, and the BMWs were fastest on the straight— important at Indy for passing.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

By the way, here's an interesting animation of the crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFaeM...Fhotnews%2Easp

I wonder if that's merely speculation from the video or if there's some kind of telemetry behind this? Interesting, none-the-less...
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

For those who missed it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Aqa...elated&search=
Old 07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

It would seem that Ferrari is back in the game, now if we can only get a third team in there to tighten up the driver's championship. Too bad about Massa's start line problem, but what a race drive!

Quick Reply: Did you see the horrific accident in the Canadian Grand Prix (F1) on Sunday..