Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Suspension Q?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Suspension Q?

It seems I have Bilstien Greens all the way around....are they stock or are they sport or what....cause I have no clue. They still feel great on the road..no looseness or extra spring...I think they may be re valved also.

My current suspension consists of the following...is it a good setup?

Revalved bilstiens GRN
Weltmiester Rear sway bar setup 22m
Front weltmiester traingular strutbrace and regular straight strut tow brace.
Car is lowered
17" Genuine hollow cup2s

Car is very stiff with little roll if any.

As far as brakes...stainless steel lines, Turbo brakes front and rear, brake balance dial....Kevlar race pads Not sure of brand.

Engine upgrades....Aircraft fittings,stainless steel oil lines up front, K/n style intake, test pipes and a single outlet exhaust S/S exhaust unsure of brand, may be chipped, haven't looked.

Body - semi-fresh paint 7 out of 10 job, fiberglass front end. Interioir is gutted.

Is this a good start for a track car?

Car needs new tires all the way around, a cage oor at least a harness bar and some new 5pt harnesses.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Looks to me like a great initial setup and a sound foundation to proceed from here, depending on what you plan to do with the car.

I'm very pleased that someone took the initiative and did an excellent brake upgrade as that will make a BIG difference if you do DE events on R-type tires.

Without knowing any further information barring any markings on the shocks, its hard to know if they were revalved or by whom.

If this is going to be a track car, I would add larger torsion bars, a turbo tie-rod kit, and look at the suspension bushings since OEM rubber ones do not last forever and tend to sag. There are better alternatives for track cars, anyway,...

Good seating, 5 or 6pt harnesses and a harness bar or roll bar are a must for serious DE work.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 483 Posts

Well I did a few De's with the 944...which was setup as a track car...I bought this car with the intentions of making it a track car and a weekend car...I did it with the PCA in 2004 and after one weekedn I was supposed to go to group yellow....and soon after white. I would like to make it to black....as the driving experience i have already should allow for a quick progression...at this point I should be ready for a decent 2008 season.

Quick Reply: Suspension Q?