Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Twitterpated about recent / pending updates...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twitterpated about recent / pending updates...

Got in the drilled Zimmerman rotors, fronts are on, rears go on tomorrow. Dropped in new Timken outer bearings while in there, even though I replaced the bearings 2 years ago.

Awaiting 2 new burgundy seat skins, and a GAHH headliner, local upholsterer to do the install.

Picked up a halotron extinguisher here on RL.

Got in the 2 new rear decklid shocks, installed them tonight. The old setup was fine for the non-tail lid, but with the Carrera tail, not so much - wouldn't even pop off the latch. Well, turns out there is only a driver's side bracket on the firewall, so I rigged a new setup with a pair of bolts & some rubber grommets to run a pair on one side. Works great, pops off the latch & holds up the lid when opened.

Ordered the chin spoiler this week, waiting on that one to come in - with luck, for this weekend.

New engine / trans mounts arrived, waiting on the shelf for the time being, will see about swapping those out shortly if Clutch / Trans rebuild funds appear in the slush fund.

Speaking of slush fund, just about drained it today - had a great telecon with Steve Weiner at Rennsport today. A whole new suspension's on the way in - new Bilsteins, ER poly-bronzes, hollow torsion bars, strut mounts, bushings, turbo tie rods, ball joints, etc.

Like I said, "just about" drained... just enough for that Steve Wong chip & DME update.

Poor is good. Happy P-Car is great.

Last edited by 84_Carrera; 06-07-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
JES1680
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.
I've got fabspeed cat bypass, M&K muffler, tensioners, pads, rotors, braided lines, turbo tie-rods, etc.. all arrived in the last couple of days.
BUT. I just had surgery to fix a trigger finger and can't work on the car for aprox 10 days. I'm going NUTS!!

Quick Reply: Twitterpated about recent / pending updates...