Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What car cover to buy and where?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Boomer
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post What car cover to buy and where?

I found the Porsche I want. But it'll be here before the new roof on the garage I'm using will be completed.I'd like to get a Cover for it and have seen them listed but don't know what to look for.
Can you give me some advice?
Gary.
Old 08-04-2002, 05:28 PM
nate
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have one made of Noah material. I've been happy with it although it does need to be cleaned rather frequently (a large comercial dryer without the aggitator works fine as does a garden hose and a stiff broom). Mine's wearing pretty thin around the tail pipes from the heat and the the rubbing. After over a year's use, it's still in pretty good shape. I bought mine for about $200.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:04 PM
carrerachas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary, Since you will park the car outdoors for a while, the Noah or any 3 or 4 layer cover produced with Kimberly-Clark material will work well. They breath and keep "stuff" off the car. Don't expect them to keep rain from penetrating thru. I have 3 covers, for different cars, all parked inside, but 1 is a K-C cover that is ~15 years old. Kind of tattered and yes hot exhaust will degrade the material.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had a Noah cover for almost 3 yrs and am quite satisfied with it. I've used it both inside and out and it's held up pretty well.

This site has a good description of various materials and seems to have decent pricing

<a href="http://autoanything.com/carcovers.asp" target="_blank">http://autoanything.com/carcovers.asp</a>

Quick Reply: What car cover to buy and where?